Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Afternoon

Greetings!

We are spending the afternoon relaxing at Heart Lodge.  This morning we got up, had breakfast at 5:30, and left here at 6:02 am.  This has been our practice since Sunday.  We drove through the crazy traffic again and found our way to Habari School.  As we drove, you could see the rising sun cutting paths of light through the early morning smog hanging over Nairobi.  It made me think of God's great light breaking through the darkness of sin that seeks to strangle this country.

We set up in another open courtyard and students began streaming in.  This group was uniformed in shades of green.  It has happened that each day, we have worn our team shirts in the color that matched the school we ministered in.  So today, our green shirts matched the student's clothing.  It's a God thing.  The students did a great job as I have come to expect.  Caleb is better and helped this morning.

The children of Kenya love our puppets.  They watch intently as the puppets sing.  Some of them move their hands in an attempt to mimic our puppeteers.  The children this morning were from a lower income area than those we have worked with the past two days.  Their behavior was a challenge, but they did well paying attention to our message.  As I gave the altar call, more than half of the fifteen hundred students raised their hands for salvation.  Even the little Muslim girls raised their hands and prayed.

We finished there before 9:00 and chose to come back to Heart Lodge to rest and prepare for tonight.  We will preach our last crusade service this evening.  There should be over 400 children in attendance.  We will be leaving most of our puppets and some other ministry equipment with Pastor James.  Now, the team members will share some of their thoughts with you.  God bless.

PG

Kristin says,
Hi my friends that are following! Miss and love you all! (Thanks for the comment, Bails!) Today is our last day of school assemblies and crusades. The school assemblies have been my favorite. The kids are so pumped to hear what we have to say and respond well. Meeting all these kids at different schools has been one of the best experiences. I wish I could explain how they made us feel. They were soooo excited to just give us a simple high five. It made me feel extremely special. I am so thankful God has opened this door for me to serve here in Kenya. Without a doubt I want to come back! :) See you all soon. Peace out!

Daniel Dillon:
Hey friends and family! It's hard to believe we're halfway through this trip. So much has happened since we have been here. Just getting to see kids get radically changed by God has been an awesome privilege. God is really moving through Africa. It's even the little things we do that they just take in and want to do. But I thank everyone for supporting me and praying for me as I've been here! I'm excited to come back! God bless and love y'all!

Caleb says,
Hello everyone!! Thank you for the continued prayers for me and my team. I was not feeling too well yesterday, but I am doing much better today. The children continue to bring a smile to my face and never cease to amaze me. I wish everyone could see the amazing things God is doing in Kenya.

Erak says,
Hey guys, I have been great! Kenya has seriously changed my life. Seeing the great things God is doing through the lives of the children during the school assemblies and evening crusades is simply amazing! I am just so blessed to be a part of everything God is doing here! As I type I'm drinking a cold Coke, sitting in the 85 degree weather, being in the center of God's will is awesome! =]
(Thank you all for your prayers and support! I can't wait to come back and tell some awesome stories about what God has done in Kenya in me and through me)

Christine says,
Jambo everyone! It's our fifth day in Kenya! It has been AWESOME! We did our last school assembly this morning and our last crusade service tonight! God has taught me so many things on this missions trip. Please continue to keep us in prayer as we continue to do His works here in Kenya! By the way Christina, I did your hand shake! Thanks for teaching me it=) And mommy and daddy, sorry I haven't been able to call you. We have been so busy and the phone service here is not so good! But don't worry I'm still alive and God is doing so much with me=) Can't wait to see all in FOUR MORE DAYS!!! Until then love you all <3

Whitney says,
Jambo to Dad and Rena! I miss you both, as well as all my friends from school! I cannot wait to tell you all my stories and share my pictures with you guys. God has been using us all in so many ways! The kids are so loving and well mannered! They have been responding to our salvation prayers, even some Muslim children have accepted Christ in their hearts. We have been learning a lot of their songs and I cannot wait to come back and teach them to the kids in church. God has been so good in keeping us safe, healthy, and energized. Please keep us in your prayers and pray for the people of Kenya, they are an amazing group of people! Miss you and love you all!

Lauren Pignaloso says,
Hello everyone! I am having an incredible time here in Kenya. I miss you all but I am falling in love with the children here, and the city too. We have seen thousands of kids and many of them have prayed for salvation. My favorite is seeing Muslim children pray with us and sing songs to Jesus; you can see the seed being planted and the interest in their eyes. God has been so good to our team, and we are thankful for health and safety. Dad, the drivers here are just as bad as you *wink*. Continue to pray for us. I can't wait to come back and tell you all about the children and places I have seen. Love you all! Especially Mom and Dad and fam.

Katelyn Snyder says,
Hellooo again to everyone back home! I am having an amazing time in Africa. We have been doing many school programs and kids crusades where we can go right into schools and preach (even have prayer and an altar call). Many many children raise their hands to ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus into their hearts. I really love dancing, singing and just playing with the children. Their smiles just bring joy to us all. Continue to keep me, my group, the missionary and all the people of Kenya in your prayers. I miss and love you all and I can't wait to share my experience and pictures! Byeee!

Karina Clark says,
I am blessed beyond measure. We have ministered to about 6000 children this week. The children and the people of Kenya are so hungry and thirsty for God. What a beautiful people! Thank you esposo for the words of encouragement. Please continue to pray for Kenya!

Lori Gregan says,
Hi again to everyone! I am having such a wonderful time. These past few days have stretched me so much and I feel like I have learned so much from this experience. The kids are so great and loving. Hanging out with them is the best part for me. Today is the last day of the crusade, please pray that things continue to go well and 10 times the amount of kids we had yesterday come today. I love you all and I can't wait to share my experiences with each of you!

Darlene says,

Day after day I have looked out into a see of bright eyes, smiling faces, and children hungry to know more about Jesus.  It has been a joy and a privilege to share the love of Jesus in our stories, songs, well-prepared lessons, and lives.  I know that we are coming home changed people as well.  God has grabbed our hearts for the people and children of Kenya.  To God be the glory, great things He has done.  Thank you for your prayers.  The harvest is plentiful.

7 comments:

  1. We continue to pray for continual blessing on your team and the people of Kenya. Let Caleb know we are praying for his healing as a family, his younger brothers activly await your blog updates(His Mother and I also). Thanks for what your doing in the lives of these young people!

    Dan Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Kenya Team. What world changers you are. May God's anointing and protection remain upon you. We miss each of you and we are counting the days until you return. Blessings. Don & Evie Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin- this is something your Mom has been trying to post but hasn't been able to... thought you would want to see it!

    "Hi Kristin!!!! Dad and I are sooooo proud of what you and the rest of the team are doing for God in Kenya!!! We are praying for you all. It is soooo exciting to read about how many children you are all ministering to and how they are touched by GOD!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it from you and see pix!!
    Be safe, love you tons!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin-
    Just read your little paragraph like 5 times. Cried for real. I am so proud of you, and even more so blown away by all that God is using you and the team to do- I feel like my heart is with you there in Kenya!! I can already tell He has used this to change your life and I'm SO very excited to see how this will impact your future... can't wait to hear EVERY detail!!!! Miss you and your hugs- but feel so happy knowing the children of Kenya get a Kristin Lombardi hug to brighten their day! Thanks for calling me Bails :)
    ~ Love you and am praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Allison Frye:
    Kristin!!!! I miss you soooo much!! I keep reading over your blog, sounds like God is doing amazing things- can't wait to hear the details!! I'm praying for you lots and I can not wait to see you Sunday- Love you so much!!
    ps. Live together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds like a great trip! PG, if you ever want to bring a team a bit further south, we would love to see you in South Africa as well!

    Praying for the rest of your time in Africa -don't you love this continent?!

    Abby (Sauter) Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you. Childrens and all people need God. I'm praying for the Africa and for you. And a kiss for my sister Karina Clark. I love you.

    ReplyDelete